Re: (DMARC) We've been here before, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-17 11:21:24
On 4/17/14 7:29 AM, John R Levine wrote:
> Now I'm totally confused.  How does that help me as a sender
> distinguish between a good mailing list that is resending real mail
> from Yahoo and an evil mailing list that is sending phishes?

We're now *way* into technical discussion. Let's take those to
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dmarc shall we?

How about we take it some place else? I really don't want this intermingled
with discussions of things like how to revise the current DMARC specifications
that hopefully are taking place on that list.

This is especially true if you're talking about what I think you're talking
about: Senders discovering additional semantics of the recipients they are
sending to and then decorating the message accordingly. This is a fairly
radical idea which, if it pans out, may well have utility extending far beyond
DMARC.

                                Ned