Re: (DMARC) We've been here before, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-17 07:29:38
The magic token has to be cryptographically tied to the contents of the original message

No it doesn't. It has to be cryptographically tied to the mailing list's re-sending of the message. How to do that with asymmetric keys should be discussed somewhere other than on this list.

Now I'm totally confused. How does that help me as a sender distinguish between a good mailing list that is resending real mail from Yahoo and an evil mailing list that is sending phishes?

Regards,