Re: (DMARC) We've been here before, was Why mailing lists

2014-04-16 23:54:25
On 4/16/14 11:03 PM, John R Levine wrote:
The originator (well, more to the point, the originator's mail server) doesn't need a signal that it's a mailing list; it's simply that the destination makes an "if I forward the mail, I'll be including this" piece of data available, and the originator's server can then include that in the signature of the message. I was thinking this could be in some special kind of DMARC (or whatever) record that lived in the mailing list's domain and could be queried by the originator's server.

The magic token has to be cryptographically tied to the contents of the original message

No it doesn't. It has to be cryptographically tied to the mailing list's re-sending of the message. How to do that with asymmetric keys should be discussed somewhere other than on this list.

pr

Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478