Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 14:22:04

At 02:45 PM 7/22/2014, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jul 22, 2014, at 2:36 PM, Chris Elliott <chelliot(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I suggest that the moderators share a mailing list with a private archive
and copy said list on all private comments.

That way, first, the moderators can monitor themselves as a group, and the
Sargent-at-arms and those with a need to know can access the archive should
there be a complaint about a moderator's comments.

This sounds reasonable, although it will probably involve some tools work...

Cart meet horse.

First we decide if there's a consensus that there's a problem.

Then we decide what approach to take to mitigate the problem.

And THEN we talk about the details (e.g. the mailing list as above).

Keep in mind that I'm not in agreement that the IESG gets to "decide" in this
case. I find discussions that assume that as fact somewhat problematic.

Mike