Re: Moderation on ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

2014-07-22 14:28:24
No hats...

On 7/22/14, 3:21 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

First we decide if there's a consensus that there's a problem.

There's a problem.  To the point where it drives people (further) away
from this list.  This list is important to raise last call issues, as
well as other important issues.  Some dialog is perfectly
understandable.  But one recent discussion demonstrated that even the
last call discussion got out of hand.  We need mechanisms for things to
get back in hand.

Then we decide what approach to take to mitigate the problem.

I don't think all this mechanism is necessary or appropriate at this
stage, since what we are talking about is people who are meant to call
on people to moderate their own behavior.

Eliot