Re: IETF registration fee increase from 2015

2014-10-01 11:59:28
On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Eric Burger
<eburger(_at_)cs(_dot_)georgetown(_dot_)edu>
wrote:

Dave -
Feel free to run the analysis. I’m sure that the regular IEEE, ITU-T, and
W3C fees have been going up significantly more than 2% per year, while ours
have been 0% per year.

[MB] I just registered for a W3C meeting and that was $75.00/day and they
will be providing me a gluten-free lunch.  So, that would be $600 for 6
meeting days. [/MB]

Hotel and travel costs are hotel and travel costs irrespective of
organization. While we regularly whine about venue, our choices have
historically not been bad compared to other, international SDOs.

You may recall I wanted to have at least a 1% increase in the meeting fees
year-over-year so that we would not have to have larger step functions. I
was overruled.

I would not want to waste our money on having Ray do the analysis, as I
would rather our money go towards the meetings, tools, and the RFC Editor.
As Ray points out, while it would make for great advertising to show how
well we have held costs low for participants, it will not affect the result
announced here.
- Eric

On Oct 1, 2014, at 11:54 AM, Ray Pelletier <rpelletier(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org>