Re: Last Call: <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> (IETF Working Groups' Secretaries) to Best Current Practice

2014-12-08 19:08:08
On 12/8/14 2:41 PM, Adrian Farrel wrote:
If only the "argument" was founded on reading the draft!

Yes, and at the last IETF there was a non-working-group-forming
BOF in which they had a discussion about a potential charter.  I
am not fond of this sort of legalism - leave it to the ITU-T
and other such bodies.  It is clearly the case that this draft
is intended to describe practices, "best" or otherwise, and
changing the intended status doesn't really change the content.

Again, I do not think this draft addresses any actual problems
that the IETF is experiencing and risks codifying yet another
management layer (an unnecessary one).  I would regret seeing
it published.

Melinda