Re: Updating BCP 10 -- NomCom ELEGIBILITY

2015-02-13 22:27:50
On 2/13/15 7:04 PM, Lixia Zhang wrote:
I noticed this subject line has been a long running thread and I have
not read it all, but I'd really like to repeat Michael's comment
here: the nomcom can't produce diversity; it only filter the input
for the best people.  Thus the solution of getting diversity is not
at nomcom, but the overall IETF process.

I think that's largely true but I don't think it's the entire story.
I do think the nomcom could be weighting criteria differently or
changing parameters in ways that might get make things easier to
get candidates who don't fit the current mold.

Melinda