Re: [92all] IETF Hackathon at IETF 92, March 21-22, Dallas, TX

2015-02-24 12:21:45
On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
wrote:
On 2/24/2015 9:57 AM, Stuart Cheshire wrote:
I realize that these things are often not planned a long way in
advance, but for future events, as much notice as possible would be
helpful.

It’s now less than four weeks to the IETF meeting, and many of us
have (non-refundable) flights already booked.

+1

Very short notice is pretty common for these special activities
surrounding the IETF.

It would be worth getting some agreement on a reasonable deadline for
announcing them.  One month ain't it.

Yup, fully agree, one month is not long enough. Whoever[0] is
organizing this could have done better / gotten it organized earlier
--- however, I'm really glad that someone has actually bothered
organizing such a thing. If it turns out to be useful, perhaps it will
be announced earlier in the future. We kvetch about lack of running
code, missing implementations, etc - let's not also kvetch too much
when someone tries to organize something to improve the situation.

[0]: Apparently cisco...

d/

--
Dave Crocker