Re: I-D.farrresnickel-harassment - timebomb

2015-03-19 17:32:40
Fwiw,

On Mar 19, 2015 5:16 PM, "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh(_at_)joelhalpern(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I read "local law" as meaning the law where the interaction is taking
place.

As did I.

While that can get very complicated for electronic interaction, for the
example you chose to cite it is very clear.  If Charlie Hebdo's cover
violates local law where you are reading it, you have chosen to ask for
more trouble than just a discussion with the IETF harrasment ombudsman.

Indeed.

Spencer

Yours,
Joel

PS: While one can indeed decline the advice of attorney, one needs to be
very sure of the reasons for the advice, and the implications of declining,
before doing so.