Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-07 11:43:42
Eggert, Lars wrote:
As Eliot said, it seems to be a request, not an obligation. The ACM and IEEE
- both of which assign DOIs for all their publications - are not turning down
papers because the authors didn't include DOIs in their bibliographies, and
neither would we.

If you are diligent about your bibliographies (and don't have to fight a
page count), you probably already have the DOIs in there.

(Which reminds me: I needed to add an example using a DOI to the README
on http://rfc.space -- fixed.)

Grüße, Carsten