Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-09 11:34:41
Did anyone earlier ask the RFC Editor to change the reference format for RFCs from RFCxyzw to urn:ietf:rfc:xyzw? (I gather you are asking now, but objecting because it was not done when it was not asked seems strange. Remember that this has been brought to the communities attention several times in the past.)

And if the RFC Editor made such a change, would it help any user of the RFCs in understanding or following the reference? As far as I can tell, it would not help at all. Maybe I am missing something (just as I forgot RFC 2648 since it did not seem useful for anything.)

Yours,
Joel