Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-07 12:04:52
On 7/7/2015 9:52 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
iven Dave Crocker's recent comments about I-Ds, Statements,
etc. (better examples than mine about possible additional
series, btw), it would also be good for someone who actually
knows to assure us that the contract is strictly limited to RFCs
or RFC Editor projects and cannot be used to expand the
obligation (or "request") to other IETF publications.

Uh, no.  I want it to be /easy/ to expand into those other uses.  Not
'required' of course but easy if we wish to.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking