Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-07 12:42:12
On 7/7/2015 10:28 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
Uh, no.  I want it to be /easy/ to expand into those other
uses.  Not 'required' of course but easy if we wish to.

Wfm, modulo the observations you have already made about the
costs of making supposedly-transitory documents permanent.  You

Huh?  I did not make any comment about such a cost.

didn't include, e.g., Jabber logs of WG meetings in your lists,
but we could, in principle, apply DOIs to those too.

That was the reason for the ellipsis, John.  I wasn't trying to be
complete and in fact my point about that was that trying to be complete
right now is a mistake.

d/

--
Dave Crocker