Re: Call for comment: <draft-iab-doi-04.txt> (Assigning Digital Object Identifiers to RFCs)

2015-07-09 17:59:53
On 7/9/2015 12:16 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
The URN situation is a problem but I really don't think it should be
gating.

It might be worth stating this in the affirmative:  The URN situation is
entirely independent of the DOI situation and it is important to handle
the two topics entirely separately.

The draft is from the RFC Editor.  It is written by the person she
commissioned to do the work.  It is coming from the IAB because the
conclusion some time back was that the sensible place to publish RFC
Editor RFCs was on the IAB stream.  As Heather said, we could create
a separate stream for the RSE, but it seems rather odd.

I understand it is 'through' the IAB stream, but that does not
automatically mean it is 'from' the IAB, merely that the IAB is the
approving body for the document. (RFC 4844)

If this document really is intended to be 'from' the RSE, then her name
should be one of the authors and the document should declare it origin
of administrative authority.  Note that the document does not state any
of this IETF-community authority-related information.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking