Re: WG adoption threads

I've been watching several "WG adoption" threads since Prague,
and I have a question.

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

I'm not asking whether it's right or wrong, just whether such
a message helps the WG Chairs in evaluating consensus.

(I see similar messages from non-authors, and I am definitely
doubtful about them unless they start with something like "I have
read this draft and...".)

Define what is "read this draft?" One can have a critical view of the document's idea without have to waste time "reading" it.

What I have found as a concern is when bad ideas are initiated, promoted and pushed by authors which often does start the chieftain syndrome by fine folks who really haven't "read" the document.

Thanks

--
HLS