Re: WG adoption threads

2015-08-03 11:56:41
On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I've been watching several "WG adoption" threads since Prague,
and I have a question.

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

I'm not asking whether it's right or wrong, just whether such
a message helps the WG Chairs in evaluating consensus.

Personally I find them annoying -- to me it always feels like "Me
too!", or a desperate attempt to make it look like there is support
for the document.

Obviously, if you do NOT support adoption (or WGLC) and are an author,
that is really important, and you should speak up, loudly!

As with everything, "it depends", but I assume that, if you are an
author of a document, that: