Re: WG adoption threads

2015-08-03 10:45:30
On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 03:09:26AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I've been watching several "WG adoption" threads since Prague,
and I have a question.

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

As others have said, it's not quite noise.  How much signal there is
depends on whether the authors themselves sought adoption of the draft:
if they didn't then it's pure signal, otherwise it's noise but expected
and mostly harmless.

FWIW,

Nico