Re: WG adoption threads

2015-08-03 10:29:49
Brian,

As a chair, what I look for are any signs of non-consensus. I don't have a
problem with authors publicly supporting the adoption of their draft, it
helps to show consensus among the authors that the draft is ready for
adoption. As for non-authors, while the assumption is that someone has read
the draft before posting support, you can't always know that unless they
specifically mention it. However, that's less important to me than anyone
saying that a draft shouldn't be adopted, that usually leads to a good
discussion of the reasons why the draft shouldn't be adopted, followed by
an update to the draft to improve it prior to adoption (or perhaps a
discussion about updating the charter if the reason for non-adoption is
that it's out of scope).

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Brian E Carpenter <