Re: WG adoption threads

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

As the thread of responses show, one can consider your question in a
number of ways.  My own is to suggest entirely ignoring who is sending
the note of support (or non-support) and instead ask about the substance
of their note.

WG adoption should be for material that is appropriate to the group and
that has rough consensus of support.  I'd hope that postings during an
adoption query help with both of these basic criteria.

Mindless 'me too' (per Warren's phrasing) smacks of politicking rather
than informed (non-)support.  So we should really press to have all
postings reflect helpful substance.  At the least:

   RFC 7221, Section 2.2

gives good guidance about the nature of the desired substance.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking