Re: WG adoption threads

2015-08-03 10:38:51
Brian,

On Aug 3, 2015, at 8:09 AM, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I've been watching several "WG adoption" threads since Prague,
and I have a question.

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

I'm not asking whether it's right or wrong, just whether such
a message helps the WG Chairs in evaluating consensus.

I think support is assumed by having their name listed as an author.  So it
would be redundant in my view.  If an author said didn’t support adoption, that
would be something to pay attention to.

Bob

(I see similar messages from non-authors, and I am definitely
doubtful about them unless they start with something like "I have
read this draft and...".)

  Brian