Re: WG adoption threads

Is it useful for authors of a draft to send messages saying things
like "I support the adoption of this draft as a WG document." ?

I'm not asking whether it's right or wrong, just whether such
a message helps the WG Chairs in evaluating consensus.

I raised this last year on the wg chairs mailing list.  I personally
don't find it very helpful, although others have indicated that a
*lack* of support from authors would be interesting.

I generally don't like things that smack of voting, and that includes
"I support" messages that contain no other information.

Melinda