Re: Introducing : Brand-new Internet Protocol "Five Fields"

2015-12-10 11:04:08

On 12/10/15 5:32 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 12/10/2015 5:00 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
I think this topic may be not appropriate for this list, unless it is
submitted as an IETF ID.
I'm always glad to see active seargant-at-arms efforts, attending to
mailing list propriety.

But I cannot guess at the basis for claiming Eromenko's posting was
inappropriate.  What policy or documented practice does it violate?

I am not aware of any IETF or ietf mailing list requirement that a new
topic first have an I-D before it is 'proper' to discuss it.

+1.  It used to be the case where we could actually have substantive
discussions on this list.

Eliot