Concerns about Singapore

2016-04-07 10:35:04

Ted,

As you’ve seen from Leslie’s message, the IAOC has taken very seriously the
concerns you expressed in the plenary about Singapore.

I think we all thought we were sensitive to these types of issues, but clearly
we weren’t. Sorry.

I know that I am personally still in the education phase about the situation.
But I wanted to follow-up with two points from an IETF perspective. First, the
ability of our participants to enter our meetings without concerns is of
crucial importance for us. And second, as the IAOC determines in more detail
what our options are, I wanted to say that we want to communicate that
assessment to the IETF community and work with the community to determine what
the best path forward with IETF #100 is.

In addition, the longer term process about explicit documentation of
community’s wishes regarding the meetings selection process and requirements is
already in progress. The MTGVENUE BOF will be meeting today Thursday at 16:20
in Pacifico A. Everybody, please contribute to that.

Jari Arkko, IETF Chair