Re: Virtual IETFs (was: Re: Concerns about Singapore)

2016-04-12 08:42:51
On 12 Apr 2016, at 14:22, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

The problem with a larger virtual interim is that it doesn't replace an IETF,
and so you're adding workload but not subtracting any workload.   I don't see
the point in that.

Well, there may be a number of WGs that wish to progress their work a bit more
briskly, or have one or more specific topics that need prompt discussion, and
use an interim meeting to achieve that. So I’m not sure it’s adding to
workload, rather it may allow us to be more efficient.  But the main issue with
any virtual meeting is timezones. There’s really no way to deal with that
problem satisfactorily.

Tim

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 8:30 AM, Tim Chown
<tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
<mailto:tjc(_at_)ecs(_dot_)soton(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>> wrote:
On 12 Apr 2016, at 12:49, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com