Re: Interim step on meetings site feedback for sites currently under active consideration

2016-04-21 17:09:15
On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Yoav Nir
<ynir(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 21 Apr 2016, at 4:54 PM, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

   And like you, I found this trip much easier than going to Asia, although
I know our colleagues from Asia found it just the opposite. :)

Not necessarily. Asia’s a big place. Travel to Japan and Taipei was for me
more difficult than Buenos Aires, and significantly more difficult than
anywhere in North America.

Yoav

In which we discover the importance of 'great circle routes'.

And the fact that 'Asia' crosses almost 180 degrees of longitude
making it not very useful as a geographical locale.