Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-22 21:04:27
Melinda,

you mean like disadvantaging the families of attendees, who don't participate
in meetings,  rather than disadvantaging the attendees who do?

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> on behalf of Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, 23 May 2016 4:04 AM
To: Eliot Lear; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and
request for input

On 5/22/16 10:02 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
Sorry- but there is no doubt that f2f meetings are high bandwidth
compared to any electronic form of communication.  And I'm saying that
if we're going to have them we have a choice of who we disadvantage, for
surely we will disadvantage someone.  This discussion is about how that
choice is made.

Allow me to suggest that avoiding disadvantaging people who do not
actually participate might be somewhat lower priority than avoiding
disadvantaging those who do.

Melinda