Re: build personal contacts outside of meetings [was IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input]

2016-05-23 20:52:13

Our "remote meeting" efforts address the participation in discussions, but
they are still a bit dry. We do have mentoring efforts, but they seem to
only happen during meetings.
Just FYI, we have remote mentoring Proof of Concept started with Internet Draft
Review Teams.  I know we will have some false starts but I have great hopes for
this initiative. Quite a few teams are forming.
I see people from Latin America helping people in China and India.  I, myself,
will be doing a webcast with India and Singapore later this week.
We need to figure out what works and what does not before scaling this
initiative.  This type of mentoring will be all year round and not tied to
meetings.
Again, in Proof of Concept stage.  But, quite promising.
Nalini