Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-23 20:45:26
At 12:32 PM -0400 5/21/16, Ted Hardie wrote:

It's not only hard for those who are not in the affected class, it's difficult for any member of that class to speak for anyone else. That suggests that trying to have this discussion based on the expressions of individuals of their own comfort is the wrong way to have it. There are, after all, too many cases in which it is not easy for the most affected to make their concerns known.

I think the other possible (and better) way to have that discussion is to start from a set of community agreed principles, and then to ask whether a particular venue meets those principles or not.

A very good point.  I completely agree.