Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-23 06:01:47
Ted,

One issue that your and others' analyses seems to imply is that the 1-1-1-*
formulation is not sufficient.  If it were, finding a small number of venues
that suited us and shuttling among them would generate the fairness required.
 If the pure 1-1-1-* were sufficient, knowing one venue worked (as a
strawman, Yokohama) would mean would not have to investigate other places.

I only wish that was true.  While we try to go back to venues that have worked
well, they are often not available on the dates when we want to meet.  If we
want to meet in Asia on a regular basis, we need more than a single venue.
Further, if we only had one venue in, for example, Asia, our ability to
negotiate reasonable prices for attendees would be seriously compromised.

Bob