Re: build personal contacts outside of meetings [was IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input]

2016-05-25 15:15:49

HANSEN, TONY L <tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > It’s very useful having the pictures on the WG info pages. However,
    > it’s not a well-known resource for other purposes.

Maybe we could have some "random URL" fields available to people in the
/person/XXX.json part of the API.... that people could edit in:
                 https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/

and would get linked to in all places where people's name show up rather than
having the mailto: directly there.

That way people could point to linked pages, personal sites, or other places
where they can provide whatever identifying information they are confortable
with.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-