Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-23 12:42:43
"Margaret" == Margaret Cullen <margaretw42(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    >> On May 17, 2016, at 3:19 PM, Adam Roach <adam(_at_)nostrum(_dot_)com>
wrote:
    >> But to be clear: I will almost certainly forgo attending a
    >> meeting at which any of my GLBTQ colleagues felt unwelcome. I
    >> would actively encourage others to adopt the same stance. Whether
    >> this forms a barrier to a successful meeting is up for debate;
    >> however, It would almost certainly be a setback for the working
    >> groups I chair.

    Margaret> +1

    Margaret> I, too, will forgo any meeting that some of our colleagues
    Margaret> feel would be unsafe for them to attend based on their
    Margaret> race, religion, gender, sexual preference or gender
    Margaret> expression.

I've been debating whethere to speak up because I haven't been as active
recently as I once was.  However, Adam and cullen's statements (I
realize I'm only replying to Adam's message) are things I strongly agree
with.
I also would like to strongly second ekr's statement that the IAOC has
focused on the wrong question.
I support his argument for why the IAOC focus is wrong and his
formulation of what the focus should be.