Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-24 07:23:26
+1

Saludos,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de Mikael Abrahamsson
<swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se>
Organización: People's Front Against WWW
Responder a: <swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se>
Fecha: martes, 24 de mayo de 2016, 14:09
Para: Harish Pillay <harish(_dot_)pillay(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
CC: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and
request for input

On Mon, 23 May 2016, Harish Pillay wrote:

ever used. That is my world experience. When I travel to the US and
I see people carrying weapons, how am I supposed to react/respond?

Let me +1 this here, I am seriously scared for my life whenever I interact
with law enforcement officers in the US, just from the fact that I know
they have to interact with armed people all the time and have to be
cautious that anyone they interact with has a decent likelyhood to be
armed.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html

If we can't go to Singapore because they happen to have anti-LGBT laws on
the books, then I suggest we do not have any further meetings in USA at
all, especially not states that have stand-your-ground laws on their
books.

As opposed to Singapore where anti-LGBT laws aren't really enforced, in
USA these kinds of laws seems to be on the rise instead of things getting
better.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se