Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input (off-topic)

2016-05-25 06:23:30
Hi Vinayak,
At 01:46 25-05-2016, Vinayak Hegde wrote:
I think the visa issue affects a large portion of participants
(non-US/non-EU), yet it is hardly discussed as much on the IETF
mailing lists. I hope that the IAOC is taking that into consideration.
I also think it is rather more important than issues about getting
families to the IETF (which I believe is a perk and not a necessity).
I think we need to focus more on getting participants to the physical
meetings.

We talk about sharing the "travel pain". Visas is an important pain
point for number of Non-EU/Non-US countries.

I read the first quoted paragraph as meaning that non-US/non-EU IETF participants hardly discuss about visa issues on this mailing list. There were 20 messages to the venue-selection(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org "drop" list. None of those messages were from non-US/non-EU IETF participants with concerns about visa issues.