Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-24 12:08:36
On 5/24/16 11:37, Eliot Lear wrote:
On 5/24/16 6:18 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
This shouldn't be that hard to think about. Would you have a greater
objection to the IETF selecting (1) a locale that allows private
citizen ownership of guns or (2) a country that refuses to recognize
Israeli passports?
False choice.

The question on the table in this sub-thread is: considering governmental policies that some subset of participants find objectionable (but which don't otherwise preclude meeting there), whether nondiscriminatory ones pose a greater or lesser issue for IETF venue selection than discriminatory ones. All I've done above is shift the class being targeted.

If you want to take this logic at a slower pace, start with Jordi's original message listing six issues, except replace "LGBT Rights" with "Recognition of Israeli passports"; follow it with my response pointing out that #5 is different than the others; and then ask Yoav's question. How do you respond?

/a