Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-24 12:45:34
On 5/24/16 12:26, Yoav Nir wrote:
Anyway, (2) would exclude me and about a dozen of our regulars. Gun ownership
by citizens does not exclude anyone.

Right, and that's exactly my point. Jari's formulation here is, I think, a good one: "I might for instance have some opinions about a country’s policies or practices, but me visiting that country am reasonably not affected by those policies. I hope when we evaluate meetings for the practical can-meet aspect (with everything that is implied by that), not for the long list of in-principle issues."

I do not doubt that it sucks to be a gay or bisexual male living in Singapore.
Spending a week there for work should be fine.

I'll again agree with Jari's formulation, adding emphasis to the final three cited words: "I think it is of course necessary to consider things that affect the ability to enter, safety (possibly including usual human activities that people do outside meetings anyway, *families travelling along*)".

/a