Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-24 13:53:23

On 24 May 2016, at 9:28 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 5/24/16 10:14 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:
Then I guess where I disagree with both you and Melinda is that I don’t
think the ability to bring families along should be an important
consideration.

I don't, either, but as long as the IETF does, and provides
a companion program, I feel quite strongly that IETF travel
should be equally accessible to all families.  I'd personally
be good with dropping the companion stuff UNLESS it was done
specifically to avoid problems with travel to places hostile
to same-sex partners.

I would be happy with dropping the companion stuff for many reasons. The fact
that it adds considerations and criteria to the IAOC’s decision process that
already has way too many criteria is just another reason to drop it.

Yoav