Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-24 14:58:56
Hm, okay, thanks for walking me through that.

I think the bottom line is that for people who find IETF barely affordable,
the concern about being able to bring family along is a bit of a first
world problem.   I don't really buy the idea that the IETF shouldn't do
anything to accommodate those people who are able to bring family along, if
doing so is easy, but it would be absurd for that to be a stronger
motivating factor in choosing venues than the ability of likely attendees
to get visas, for example.

ISTM that the number of people meaningfully negatively affected by bringing
IETF to Singapore is likely quite a bit smaller than the number of people
positively affected by bringing IETF to Singapore.   Has anybody done that
comparison?

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Melinda Shore
<melinda(_dot_)shore(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>