Re: IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

2016-05-25 11:53:40
On Wed, 25 May 2016, Melinda Shore wrote:

Perhaps we should regard this as an opportunity to talk about which forms of bigotry we'll accommodate and which we won't.

We're accomodating bigotry all the time.

Compare:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Singapore

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_the_United_States#Visa_exemption

Now tell me how many more participants enjoy a lot less hassle in order to attend Singapore compared to attending a meeting in USA? Notice also that this isn't theoretical or low risk hassle, this is actual hassle of having to go through a visa application process with all that means.

There is no perfect location. They all have downsides.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se