Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

2016-06-10 05:02:24
I think is very clear: Is fine to disagree with LGTBQ rights, is fine to
express it, but “I don’t value their families”, in my opinion is not respectful
in the context of this list and the RFC3005.

See also previous email from Jari, related to RFC 7154.

Moreover, this is becoming out off topic, as this debate was related to the
Singapore venue, and now you’re starting to use that as a general personal
attack to LGTBQ and their families and the rest of the IETF community that
respect those rights.

Please stop this thread here, I don’t except further answer.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp>
Responder a: <mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp>
Fecha: viernes, 10 de junio de 2016, 11:47
Para: Jordi Palet Martinez <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>,
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

(Speaking as sergeant-at-arms)

If you keep going thru this path, I will have no other way that
restricting your posting rights, so please, be respectful to all.

What? Are you saying that you are culturally heavily biased for LGBT
that you can't act as a sergeant of an international body?

Or? Why do you think my previous mail is so disrespectful?

                                              Masataka Ohta

Regards, Jordi

-----Mensaje original----- De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en
nombre
de Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> Responder a:
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> Fecha:
viernes, 10 de junio de
2016, 10:33 Para: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> Asunto: Re: Value and respect
[Re:
IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

lloyd(_dot_)wood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk wrote:

I value the families of all participants equally.

Which is to say, not at all.

Yup.

not actually valuing participants much at this point, either.

I value participants on his/her technical contribution to
collective wisdom or, more frequently, stupidity.

Jari Arkko wrote:

Our mode of operation is to recognise diversity among us,
emphasize the value of mutual respect and behave professionally,
see RFC 7154 for instance. Disrespectful comments are out of line
and inappropriate. Please behave.

The most important thing for the operation is to recognize
cultural diversity, which means we must value and respect culture
to ban or damn LGBT.

Masataka Ohta