Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

2016-06-10 11:08:00
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 7:34 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:
Dear Secretariat,

Speaking as sergeant-at-arms, please make sure to restrict posting rights of
Mr. Masataka Ohta for the next 2 months, until 11th August, noon CET.

What just happened? Did posting rights just get suspended because a
member of the community wanted to let us know that his values differ
from the assumed values of the broader community as stated by the IETF
chair? In the email I read, there did not appear to be a personal
attack.

While I am not supportive of his opinion, doesn't he have the right to
let us know that his opinion differs from that which was stated by the
chair?

-andy