Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

2016-06-10 14:16:01
Hi Andrew,

It is not about the original comment, is about insisting on the topic once it
has been warned that is becoming off-topic, and is going into a direction that
becomes abusive.

I know there is a difficult balance between freedom of expression and not
attacking others or their families, but we need to avoid those threads that
will go nowhere.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de Andrew Newton
<andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us>
Responder a: <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us>
Fecha: viernes, 10 de junio de 2016, 18:07
Para: Jordi Palet Martinez <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: IETF <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 7:34 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:
Dear Secretariat,

Speaking as sergeant-at-arms, please make sure to restrict posting rights of
Mr. Masataka Ohta for the next 2 months, until 11th August, noon CET.

What just happened? Did posting rights just get suspended because a
member of the community wanted to let us know that his values differ
from the assumed values of the broader community as stated by the IETF
chair? In the email I read, there did not appear to be a personal
attack.

While I am not supportive of his opinion, doesn't he have the right to
let us know that his opinion differs from that which was stated by the
chair?

-andy