Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

2016-06-10 12:06:22
Jordi -

With respect, this is sort of the text book definition of a conflict of interest. You're asking the secretariat to restrict postings of someone who has posted opposing views on a topic on which you've also posted. That doesn't smell right to me.

I would suggest that you need to ask someone else to rule on this - e.g. defer to the guidance of the IETF chair or one of the other sergeant at arms. I would also ask that whoever takes up this task please try a little private mediation first before invoking the PR request.

Mike

On 6/10/2016 7:34 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
Dear Secretariat,

Speaking as sergeant-at-arms, please make sure to restrict posting rights of
Mr. Masataka Ohta for the next 2 months, until 11th August, noon CET.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp>
Responder a: <mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp>
Fecha: viernes, 10 de junio de 2016, 13:28
Para: Jordi Palet Martinez <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>,
<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

I think is very clear: Is fine to disagree with LGTBQ rights, is fine
to express it, but “I don’t value their families”, in my opinion is
not respectful in the context of this list and the RFC3005.
If it were so very clear, cloud you quote the relevant section
of rfc3005?

See also previous email from Jari, related to RFC 7154.
And, of rfc7154.

At least, the following statement in the rfc:

    2.  Guidelines for Conduct
    1. IETF participants extend respect and courtesy to their colleagues
       at all times.

has nothing to do with families of colleagues.

As IETF is not an organization to promote family relationships but is
a technical body, we are indifferent to families of colleagues.

Remember, my opinion is seconded by
lloyd(_dot_)wood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk.

Moreover, this is becoming out off topic, as this debate was related
to the Singapore venue,
I'm afraid that IETF list is for general discussion that nothing
related to IETF can be off topic.

And, even if it were, your statement in the previous mail:

If you keep going thru this path, I will have no other way that
restricting your posting rights, so please, be respectful to all.
is too strong as a statement against off topic mails.

and now you’re starting to use that as a
general personal attack to LGTBQ and their families and the rest of
the IETF community that respect those rights.
I'm afraid you are saying that you are culturally heavily biased
for LGBT.

general personal attack to LGTBQ and their families and the rest of
the IETF community that respect those rights.
I'm afraid it is impossible to make "personal attack" "general".

But, in case I misunderstand something, could you quote relevant part
of my previous mails related to it?

                                                        Masataka Ohta