Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

2016-06-11 00:38:54
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016, Melinda Shore wrote:

For the purpose of clarity, and in hopes that we can stick to the facts (to the extent they're known), the issue with Singapore is not that they do not recognize same-sex marriage but that they have laws criminalizing same-sex relationships.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Singapore they criminalize "male same-sex sexual activity".

I don't know if that's what you mean by "relationships", but in the strict sense of the word, Singapore doesn't criminalize the actual relationship. It doesn't even criminalize "same-sex sexual activity". It criminalizes "MALE same-sex sexual activity".

Since you said "for the purpose of clarity" and "stick to the facts", I thought this needed to be clarified.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike(_at_)swm(_dot_)pp(_dot_)se