Re: [96attendees] Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

2016-07-21 08:51:17

+1

The app isn't available for all platforms and just like we don't allow document
formats for IDs that are only supported by a specific or limited number of
document reader applications we shouldn't require that attendees have to use a
smartphone that is supported by the app.

Also battery life can mean you are sometimes in a situation where you would be
unable to use the app even if you have it.

With the limited number of people requesting these agendas is this really a
significant impact environmentally compared to the overall environmental impact
of the entire meeting?
‎
Andrew

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
  Original Message
From: Oliver Hahm
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 15:32
To: Francis Dupont
Cc: 96attendees(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [96attendees] Please stop killing trees with pre-printed agendas

Hi!

 Therefore, I would propose that the secretariat be directed to not
 provide the folded agendas in Seoul, so that we eliminate the printing
 and shipping expense (and associated environmental impact).

=> I believe the secretariat already limited the number of printed
mini-agendas and I am sure they are given only on explicit demand
(versus to everyboday as it wa done some years ago).

Yes, that's what is happening and I think it is a very good approach. There
are people without smart phones (or phones that doesn't support appstores for
various reasons). Also, lookup time on the paper agenda is always O(1) which
is a clear advantage for me.

Cheers,
Oleg