Re: question to the IAOC: new committee members

2016-11-16 20:31:45

{I was asked to join the IAOC finance sub-committee}

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:
    > All the IETF positions have rules to be selected, nomcom, etc., and
    > there is a great transparency on the process.

    > However today we discovered that new members have been selected for
    > IAOC committees.

These *sub*-committee members have no IAOC power, vote, etc.
(The IAB program system also functions as *sub*-committees with extra
members, and it's all much like IETF WG design teams... That's the model you
should think about)

It's really about extra eyes, and better communication to the IETF member
base, and this is good.

The sub-committees selected their members from the list of people who
volunteered.  I don't think the selection process was particularly
transparent at this point, but it could be that it happened on a publically
recorded IAOC call.

My impression is that that they will subsequent calls for volunteers and
additional people added.

Feel free to pidgeon hole me at the bits'n'bytes if you want me to bore you a
bunch about the september finance meeting stuff.   Well, the details of the
finances are particularly intricate and can be boring, but the overall
picture was painted by Jari and Ray at the plenary is perhaps alarming.

]     mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on
rails    [