Re: I-D Action: draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-19.txt

2017-01-10 14:19:35
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 08:44:49AM +1300, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Sorry, but I find the replacement of "IANA" by "IANA Services" throughout
the draft to be both ugly and plain wrong.

Well, we need something other than "IANA", because the IETF is but one
user of that mark, and the license that the IETF Trust gave to PTI
does not permit them to refer to themselves as "IANA".

Would "IANA Services Operator" do?

But it doesn't matter: this document is about what IANA does.

I think that's not quite correct.  It's about what the IANA Services
Operator for the protocol parameters registries (and other registries
for which the IETF is policy authority) does.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com