Re: I-D Action: draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-19.txt

2017-01-10 19:43:41
Sorry about the top post, but there's an important correction to be made here.

_We_ do not own the IANA trademark.  The IETF Trust does.  Moreover, the Trust
has certain agreements with other organizations and those constrain what the
Trust may do. Finally, the Trust can't actually do exactly what it wants with
the trademark, because there are rules about how trademarks must be handled in
order to remain valid.

The Trust agreed to take on the IANA ipr as part of the transition, as a
service to the Internet operational communities affected.  That doesn't mean we
get just to do whatever we would like.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
Please excuse my clumbsy thums.

On Jan 10, 2017, at 20:37, Brian E Carpenter