Re: IETF Last Call conclusion for draft-ietf-6man-rfc2460bis-08

2017-03-30 15:56:06
Ole,

Correct me if I am missing someting but the entire debate is not about
describing or not header insertion.

I am under assumption that originating hosts still can legally insert it.

It is all about to modify EH in flight - right ? Moreover concerns raised
are about side effects of it like MTU .. not lack of instructions on how to
insert, modify or remove EH elements.

So what exactly are you expecting WG to deliver as next step if 2460bis
goes fwd ? Is detecting the max MTU on end to end path even in 6man's
charter ?

Cheers,
R.