RE: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-03 12:30:46
Sadly it has happened in the UK.

http://www.msnbc.com/all/uk-unlawfully-detained-partner-snowden

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of JORDI PALET
MARTINEZ
Sent: 03 April 2017 17:40
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

I’m not convinced (despite laws may say it), if computer inspection, even
“temporal” confiscation, is being used in EU. At least I never heard about
that,
and even less in my own country, though I may be missing cases in other EU
countries.

Definitively if that happens to me in EU, I will not provide passwords even
if I
don’t have anything to hide, but just because customer’s info confidentiality,
signed NDAs, etc. I don’t think that will bring me to the jail. However, in
US,
detention is a fact, right?